Skilled volunteers needed to teach classes at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center!
2 people are interested
We need compassionate volunteers to teach and facilitate classes at the Loudoun Adult Detention Center!
Opportunities are as follows:
*Time Commitment- 3 hrs/wk*
*We ask that you're able to commit a minimum of 1 year for our teaching opportunities*
- Life Skills: Students explore and discuss budgeting, decision making, mental health, and communication. Class meets once a week for 4 weeks.
- Fatherhood: Students explore and discuss the role of the father in the family, the challenges of parenting after separation, stages of childhood development, communication, discipline, and more. Class meets once a week for 10 weeks.
- Anger Management: The class helps students identify the beliefs, triggers, thoughts and feelings in their personal "Cycle of Violence". Students discover practical tools and techniques to break the cycle. Class meets once a week for 7 weeks.
- Employability Skills: Students focus on workplace communication, preparing job applications, workplace etiquette, practicing interview skills, and a mock interview session. Class meets once a week for 6 weeks.
- MoneySmart: Students explore and discuss topics such as budgeting, savings, insurance cash flow, investments, Social Security, credit and other money matters. Class meets once a week for 7 weeks.
**All classes are conducted on Mondays within the hours of 2-4PM and 7-9PM**
Training, coaching, and continuing education provided for all volunteers. We want you to grow with us!
If interested, please fill out a volunteer application and send it to Jess at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be found at our website under
Thanks for your interest!
We'll work with your schedule.
42035 Loudoun Center PlLeesburg, VA 20175
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training