1 person is interested
Purpose: Berkeley Art Center presents free exhibitions to the public. The Installation Assistant serves as an assistant to the preparators during installation and de-installation. This is our most popular volunteer role. It is a good fit for people who love to be hands on, solve problems, and enjoy tangible results. Should be comfortable using hand tools and climbing a ladder. Attention to detail appreciated.
- - Work with curator and staff to prepare and disassemble exhibitions.
- - Prep and paint gallery before installations.
- - Responsible for organizing contracts between artist and gallery.
- - Handle artwork, including packing and storing works of various mediums.
- - Prepare labels for display.
We'll work with your schedule.
1275 Walnut StreetBerkeleyBerkeley, CA 94709
- Visual Arts
- Exhibition Arts
- Must be at least 16
- Shifts every 4–8 weeks when exhibitions change; approx Wednesday–Friday, 11am–5pm
- Organized and detail-oriented; prior experience handling art helpful.