- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
7 people are interested
We are in the process of making changes to our nonprofit board and are looking for individuals that share our passion to help young people in transition from foster care to independence.
Strengthen our board is a top priority and we need professionals with the skills and experience to help us move our organization to the next level.
We are currently looking for the following:
- Social media expert
- Public Relations knowledge
- Treasurer, looking for an individual with a financial background, the ability to translate financial concepts and information for board members who do not have financial backgrounds
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About TURNING POINT TRANSITIONAL SERVICES INC
11577 NW 44th St, Coral Springs, FL 33065, US
Our Mission "To provide support and encouragement for young adults in transition from the foster care system to independence"
We focus our attention on youth ages 18-23 that have aged out of the foster care system. Although age 18 is considered an adult many of our youth from the dependency system are simply unprepared for their independence. Often without a high school diploma or job training, they are still expected to find and maintain housing and employment. Navigating through life’s challenges is difficult and their lives are already problematic without guidance and support many become homeless in the first year of aging out. We extend the necessary life skills training to support and empower their lives to their full potential. The services extended includes but is not limited to: Money management, Sexual health, Substance, and alcohol abuse education, Nutrition/Health & wellness, Internship programs, and Post-secondary education preparedness.
West Regional Library Rm #210 8061 W. Broward BlvdPlantation, FL 33324
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Financial Planning
- Financial Service Assistance
- People 55+
- Must be at least 25
- We would appreciate a once a month in-person meeting. We meet on the last Wednesday of every month for 2 hours.
- We care first and foremost that you share our passion to help youth in crisis. This is an opportunity to combine your skills and knowledge with an organization that is currently making a difference in the lives of those who are most vulnerable.