9 people are interested
Volunteer Event Associate (Northeast Houston)
9 people are interested
Purpose: Serves as a volunteer for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center mobile drives, community events and to assist at Community Advocate blood drives
- At mobile drives, secures the Volunteer Kit from the mobile staff prior to the start of the blood drive and returns to staff at the end of shift.
- At mobile drives, neatly sets up table using materials from the Volunteer Kit prior to the start of the drive.
- Assists with placement of Blood Drive Today yard signage.
- Invites people to donate.
- At mobile drives, escorts donors to screening areas.
- Encourages donors to Commit for Life as a donor and/or volunteer.
- Assists in keeping the refreshment area tidy.
- Observes donors for reactions.
- Notifies TBC staff if the donor has a reaction.
- Answers basic questions.
- Other duties as needed.
We have locations throughout the Houston Metro Area. For additional information about our volunteer program, please visit our website: http://www.giveblood.org/commit-for-life/as-a-volunteer/
Orientation is mandatory before beginning to volunteer.
About Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
1400 La Concha Lane, Houston, TX 77054, US
IT IS OUR MISSION to partner with the community to help save and sustain lives by providing a safe supply of blood, blood components, and related services.
Commit for Life is a partnership between you and Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center that is focused on saving lives today, and in the future.
Volunteers are an important part of helping save lives. The Blood Center depends on their support in many capacities and always is seeking more individuals to join our Volunteer Program. To Commit for Life as a volunteer, just follow these three easy steps:
You can ensure a steady blood supply is available for patients by committing to ongoing volunteer opportunities. Once you find the opportunity that best matches your type, commit to it.
Connect with us and your community.
Whether you prefer to hear from The Blood Center via email, phone, text or social media, we ask all of our Commit for Life volunteers to stay informed.
Spread the word.
Nothing is more powerful than hearing about the importance of blood donations from a Commit for Life volunteer.
Tell your friends and family how they can save lives.
Houston Metro AreaHouston, TX 77016
September 21, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Hours vary on drive
- Have a friendly and positive attitude.