Volunteer Event Associate (Northeast Houston)
Purpose: Serves as a volunteer for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center mobile drives, community events and to assist at Community Advocate blood drives
- At mobile drives, secures the Volunteer Kit from the mobile staff prior to the start of the blood drive and returns to staff at the end of shift.
- At mobile drives, neatly sets up table using materials from the Volunteer Kit prior to the start of the drive.
- Assists with placement of Blood Drive Today yard signage.
- Invites people to donate.
- At mobile drives, escorts donors to screening areas.
- Encourages donors to Commit for Life as a donor and/or volunteer.
- Assists in keeping the refreshment area tidy.
- Observes donors for reactions.
- Notifies TBC staff if the donor has a reaction.
- Answers basic questions.
- Other duties as needed.
We have locations throughout the Houston Metro Area. For additional information about our volunteer program, please visit our website: http://www.giveblood.org/commit-for-life/as-a-volunteer/
Orientation is mandatory before beginning to volunteer.
We'll work with your schedule.
Houston Metro AreaHouston, TX 77016
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- Orientation or Training
- Hours vary on drive
- Have a friendly and positive attitude.