2 people are interested
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The major duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- File loose-leaf pages, advance sheets, periodicals, and supplements in appropriate legal treatises, etc.
- Shelve library materials.
- Assist library staff with basic maintenance of the library collection.
- Collect and process incoming mail and library materials.
- Shelf-read collection.
- Provide basic circulation assistance to patrons, including checking in and out materials, reserving the conference room, performing cash transactions, answering the phone, assisting patrons with their photocopy needs, etc.
- Assisting patrons with basic legal and directional assistance.
- Perform related duties as assigned by the Reference Librarian and Director.
The skill and/or ability to:
- Understand alphabetical and library numbering/call letter system.
- Deal tactfully and effectively with public both in person and on the telephone.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Familiarity with basic aspects of the United States and California legal system.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as basic computer skills.
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail with basic arithmetic, including percentages and decimals.
- Perform repetitious tasks, which require meticulous attention to detail.
- Strength to push a cart of books.
- Must be able to shelve on high and low shelves.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Strength to lift boxes up to twenty pounds.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
710 Hamilton StreetRedwood CityRedwood City, CA 94063
- Legal (General)
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training