Concerts in the Garden Volunteer Eco Team Member
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
3 people are interested
The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra recognizes the importance of protecting our environment and has taken steps to ensure the Concerts In The Garden music festival does its part to promote environmental sustainability. All refuse stations throughout the venue include an Eco Team Recycle Bin, where patrons can recycle their empty glass, plastic, and paper products. In the last ten years, CITG has recycled almost 60 tons of materials!
In addition to our recycling efforts, our partnership with the City is being extended this year to give continuity to the collection of food waste at our special event, this time as part of the new City of Fort Worth Residential Food Scrap Composting Pilot Program. Patrons will be encouraged to dispose of all of their event food waste in special collection buckets, helping us get closer to reaching our goal for a zero-waste event and diverting waste away from our City’s landfill.
We are proud to partner with the City of Fort Worth’s "Keep Fort Worth Beautiful" program and look forward to composting and recycling even more this year with YOUR help!
As an Eco Team member volunteer you will:
* Arrive at the concert venue by 5:45pm
* Stand/sit at your designated post from 6:30pm - 10:30pm and assist patrons with recycling and composting their picnic
* Empty the recycling and composting bins when it’s full and put in a fresh bag
* After the concert, you will assist the Eco Team Manager and other Eco Team Members with loading the full bags onto carts
As an Eco Team member volunteer you will receive:
* Free parking for one vehicle at Farrington Field on the nights you volunteer
* Two free lawn tickets on each night you volunteer to give to a friend/family member/etc.
* Free Concerts In The Garden t-shirt (Must register by April 30th to guarantee a shirt)
* Sense of humor, and a helpful positive attitude in dealing with staff, volunteers, and patrons
* Comfortable standing for periods of time outdoors in a Texas summer evening
* Comfortable interacting with patrons
* Can lift a full recycling bag (25 lb.) onto a golf cart
* Attend volunteer meeting on June 5 at 7:00pm at the Fort Worth Botanic Garden
* Can be on site for your concert shift from 5:45pm - 11:00pm
BUT WAIT...THERE’S MORE!
Volunteer at six or more concerts* and you can get an additional FREE parking pass for Farrington Field and four FREE table tickets at one of these concerts: Women Rock, Mozart in the Garden, 1812 Overture, Asleep at the Wheel, ABBAcadabra, or A Tribute to Elvis and four FREE lawn tickets at one of these concerts: The Music of U2, Classical Mystery Tour, or The Music of Led Zeppelin.
*Restrictions apply: Must volunteer at two or more of these specific concerts: Women Rock, 1812, Asleep at the Wheel, Mozart in the Garden., Family Fireworks Picnic July 4
To Sign up, click on this link: http://www.fwsymphony.org/hld/citg/volunteers/citg2019/CITG_EcoTeamInfo_2019.pdf
3151 Rock Springs RdFort Worth, TX 76107
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- Can be on site for your concert shift from 5:45pm - 11:00pm