Hospice Volunteers for the West Covina Area
16 people are interested
Assisted Home Health and Hospice Care, is looking for AWESOME, Dedicated Volunteers, for our Branch in West Covina office
As a Patient Family Services Volunteer for Hospice Care you will:
- Provide emotional support, empathy, respite and other supportive services to hospice patients and their families.
- Communicates availability to Hospice Volunteer Liaison in assigned branch weekly.
- Provide diversion activities to patients as requested.
- Provide social interaction to patients as appropriate.
- Assist Hospice Administrative team with tasks as assigned.
- Completes Volunteer Services Note according to established Agency procedures.
- Attend Hospice Interdisciplinary Group meeting, as appropriate.
- Attend on-going education programs and peer support groups as requested.
- Provide emotional support to the family during bereavement as appropriate or recommend bereavement follow-up by others.
- Acknowledge patient rights including privacy and confidentiality.
- Consistently display a professional appearance and conduct in all settings.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
Please note, the next required Volunteer Orientation is scheduled for Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 from 2:00pm-4:30pm. To attend or inquire more information, please feel free to contact Volunteer Coordinator Oscar Trujillo by email: email@example.com or call (805)309-5200
We'll work with your schedule.
1900 West Garvey Avenue South Suite #220West Covina, CA 91790
- Elder care
- Music Arts
- Administrative Support
- Animal Care / Handling
- Bereavement Support
- Hospice Care
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training