59 people are interested
Cart with a Heart - Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento (downtown)
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northern California
Please visit the new page to apply.
59 people are interested
Position Summary: The Sacramento Ronald McDonald House is looking for volunteers dedicated to helping children and families in need. The Cart with a Heart is a hospitality cart that was created so that parents and families of sick children do not have to leave their loved one for a quick drink or snack. Our Cart with a Heart volunteers provide them with a welcoming and positive demeanor and some much needed hot beverages and snacks.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Replenish snacks/drinks on Caring cart
- Sanitizing the Cart after each outing
- Engage with families
- Serve hot beverages and hand out snacks
- Pass out toys, coloring books, and activities to hospitalized children
- Ability to walk/stand for duration of shift
- Dress Comfortably
- Attend orientation/interview at RMHC
- Pass a Live scan background check
- Able to provide TB test clearance
- Attend Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento general orientation
- Complete medical clearance (2 TB test clearances, vaccination records and proof covid-19) and background check at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento
- Able to commit to 6 months of service or longer
- Must be 18 years or older
- afternoon / 12:30 PM to 03:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northern California
2555 49th Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, US
Ronald McDonald House Charities Northern California is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting programs that improve the lives of children and their families by supporting the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House and Camp Ronald McDonald at Eagle Lake.
Ronald McDonald House Charities, a non-profit, 501 (c) (3), supports programs that directly improve the health and well being of children.
In 1998 the Sacramento Ronald McDonald House opened its doors providing a 'home away from home' for families who have children age 0-18 being treated in one of the five Sacramento-area hospitals; UC Davis Medical Center, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Mercy, Kaiser, and Sutter Medical Center. Since then, the 39-bedroom facility has provided affordable, temporary housing for approximately 20,000 families who have traveled from all across the United States as well as countries around the world in order to provide their child with the best medical treatment available.
Ronald McDonald House2555 49th StreetSacramento, CA 95817
May 8, 2023
- Food & Beverage Services
- Children Medical Services
- Child Welfare
- People Skills
- Child Development
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 6 month commitment
- 2 orientations, Access to vaccination records, Fingerprinting, Background check