Make a Difference - Become a SCORE Workshop Presenter, Exec Committee Member or Support Team
A core mission of SCORE is to help entrepreneurs and small business men and women start, develop, grow and exit businesses in Lee and Hendry Counties. We provide workshop programs on a variety of business topics including marketing, finance, accounting, management, business planning, and more. Workshops are typically conducted on weekday evenings (from 6 PM - 8 PM) and during the business day throughout the year.
We are searching volunteer support to grow our workshop program.
- Experienced Workshop Presenter candidates - Subject Matter Experts knowledgeable of contemporary small business management topics including Quickbooks and Digital Marketing
- SCORE SWFL Executive Committee Workshop Lead - Lead/manage this mission critical function, participate in the Chapter Executive Committee , provide input to annual business plan, goals, budget and manage performance.
- Workshop Planning/Delivery Team - Responsibilities include defining, planning, delivery and developing workshops for the small business community.
- Plan & deliver quality local educational programming for existing and emergent businesses.
- Understand how to define what topics are needed based on market research and prior program performance.
- Seek out and establish relationships with presenters both within SCORE and the local community/venue providers/program partners,
- Perform event and speaker planning and scheduling,
- Provide event descriptions and marketing content to SCORE SWFL Marketing team
- Day of Event support - seek volunteers to perform Workshop Onsite Manager roles (Host/Coordinator) roles
- Provide workshop marketing support and delivery administrative tasks,
- Use participant feedback to determine if the workshop should be repeated.
The Workshop Onsite Managers play an important role is creating a positive client experience including greeting the attendees, signing them in, handing out materials and working with the speaker to make sure everything runs smoothly. This is a wonderful opportunity for continuous learners looking to gain valuable business knowledge and network with the local business community.
We'll work with your schedule.
3650 Colonial Blvd., Suite 231Fort Myers, FL 33966
- Teaching / Instruction
- Executive Admin
- Program Management
- Adult Education
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible - typically 10 - 20 hrs per month
- Strong people and computer skills; able to work independently.