- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
At the start of 2018, CARECEN began a new Immigrant Community Navigator initiative, funded through New York State’s Office for New Americans. This is a multi-faceted initiative focused on creating cross-disciplinary coalitions and improved referral systems connecting immigrants to needed services while simultaneously facilitating a thorough needs assessment of the Long Island immigrant community. This program will focus on low-income immigrants who are particularly vulnerable to socioeconomic disadvantages.
Lack of information or misinformation is a particular problem throughout the Long Island immigrant community that the Navigator seeks to improve through increased outreach efforts. Volunteers are crucial to the outreach component of this initiative. We are currently seeking volunteers to assist in creating a wider network throughout the Long Island community by accessing the networks that they have personally, professionally, and through the Navigator program.
This volunteer position is Long Island based, although there is flexibility in performing volunteer activities throughout the region.
Outreach volunteer activities include:
- Flyering throughout different target communities and tabling at outreach events.
- Topics for outreach may include upcoming workshops, trainings, special projects, or other community events/services available.
- Special outreach projects include community outreach regarding the 2020 Census, NY State’s Paid Family Leave law, and English or GED/TASC classes available to the community.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
91 N Franklin Street, #208HempsteadHempstead, NY 11550
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 15
- This volunteer work is flexible to the availability and location of the volunteer. Volunteers operate from the CARECEN offices as a base, but they can conduct outreach throughout all of Long Island as they are comfortable.