Hospice Volunteers Needed
5 people are interested
Compassus Hospice & Palliative is looking for hospice volunteers in Los Angeles and Orange Counties. All hospice volunteers receive free training and then can choose how much time they can give and location preferences. Whether you can volunteer for as little as a few hours a month, or six hours per week, all efforts are appreciated and needed!
We have many on-going programs to choose from:
- Friendly Visits - companionship with patients
- Respite Visits - relief to caregivers
- Angel Watch - sit with the patients during their last hours (No One Dies Alone)
- Memory Bears & Quilts - we really need quilters and knitters!
- Flower Arranging and Delivery
- Office & Administrative Support
Our patients love to have a volunteer read a passage from their favorite book, play music or listen to their life stories. Sometimes the volunteer is the last friend our patients will have and we have a wonderful team to help support you every step of the way.
Feel free to contact us for more information. We'd love to tell you all about our Compassus service.
We'll work with your schedule.
undisclosedLos Alamitos, CA 90720
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are flexible, but we do ask that you commit to volunteering for four to six months. Visit frequency determined on a case by case basis, according to patients needs.
- TB test and physical are required before starting the training process.