Mental Health Awareness Speaker
1 person is interested
Do you want to end the stigma and end the silence around mental health? Public speaking in middle and high schools with "Ending the Silence" may be for you if you want to share the message you needed to hear as a student.
- Must have availability during the school day to speak for up to 4 periods (~7:30a-11:30a or 11a-3p)
- Must have transportation to DuPage County area schools
- Bonus: Public speaking experience a plus, but we also welcome anyone willing to learn!
- Complete required training before speaking (two tracks available: informational presentation or recovery story)
- Present hopeful message about mental health to middle school and high school students
- Pull from personal experience to dispel myths and bring awareness to mental health conditions
- Maintain fidelity of NAMI DuPage presentations
- Help facilitate a caring and safe space for students
- Have an attitude of flexibility
We'll work with your schedule.
DuPage County SchoolsMultiple, IL 60187
- Mental Health
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Commitment: At least 1 school year, speaking about once a month. Ideally need a commitment where can speak at least 4 times a month during September-October and late January-March.
- DAYtime availability (see under Opportunity Description)