Become a Loaves and Fishes Board Member!
5 people are interested
Serve on the Board of Directors for Loaves and Fishes of Contra Costa. The Board is responsible for:
- setting policies in accordance with legal requirements and best practices
- establishing long range goals and direction
- hiring and evaluating the Executive Director
- ensuring the fiduciary health of the organization, specifically fundraising, endowment investment strategy, approving and monitoring annual budget, and capital expenditures above limits specified in the bylaws
- providing continuing volunteer leadership for the organization
- reviewing key communications and the annual report
In addition, Board members:
- attend bi-monthly board meetings and participate in one or more Committees (e.g., Finance, Fundraising) and accept leadership positions on the Board or Committees, as experience and time allow
- represent the organization in the community and attend fundraising/community events in support of the agency
- recruit others who have the time, financial resources and talent to help Loaves and Fishes
- donate time and funds to Loaves and Fishes based on circumstances and ability
Commitment: Bi-Monthly meetings of the Board, which occur on the fourth Wednesday of every other month from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Specific commitment of time for various board and committee activities is also required.
To ensure board member continuity, members cannot have two un-notified absences in a row or three notified absences in a row. Missing 1/3 of the total number of board meetings in a twelve-month period may result in dismissal from the Board.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
835 Ferry StreetMartinez, CA 94553
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Attend 6 Board Meeting per year and Annual Fund Raising Events Gala, Golf, Poker Night, Bocce Tournament. Be ready to have fun and meet lots of great people!
- Dedication to our mission of Nourishing Lives in Contra Costa County.