6 people are interested
We are searching for new board members, and are targeting individuals with experience in fundraising, business, human resources, legal, and communications, and who are passionate about the work we do here at LARS. The Board supports the work of LARS and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by LARS’ Executive Director (ED), the Board -ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board responsibilities include:
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as she develops and implements LARS’ strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by LARS for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Reviewing meeting support materials prior to board and/or committee meetings
- Approving LARS’ annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to the annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assisting the ED and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Laurel Advocacy & Referral Services, Inc. (LARS)311 Laurel AvenueLaurel, MD 20707
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- Market Research
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Legal (General)
- Business Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- The time commitment varies but is usually around 3-5 hours per month (combination of in-person/virtual). Board meetings are held on the fourth Monday of every other month from 7-9 PM. One board term is three (3) years.
- $1,000 give/get is required from all board members, participate on at least one board committee (fundraising, finance, or development), serve as spokesperson at community engagement opportunities.