Help Our Gardens Grow! (Multiple Locations)
Share in the bounty of a New Castle County Community Garden at one of the locations listed below.
In addition to taking home some fresh veggies, volunteers reap lots of other benefits: healthy doses of vitamin D, enjoyable exercise, a boosted immune system and reduced stress. Studies even suggest that soil contains a natural antidepressant. There are so many good things "growing" on when you volunteer at your community garden. Volunteer April through November.
This opportunity is perfect for family and friends to volunteer together.
Minimum age to volunteer: 12 (12 to 17 years with an adult).
Sign up at newcastlede.gov/volunteer.
- Absalom Jones Community Recreation Center: 310 Kiamensi Road, Wilmington, DE 19804. Contact: 302-995-7636
- Garfield Park Community Recreation Center: 26 Karlyn Drive, New Castle, DE 19720. Contact: 302-395-5496
- Route 9 library: This garden is being built. As a volunteer, you will be able to help design and build this garden! The Route 9 Library and Innovation Center is located on Route 9 just north of Route 295 as you travel north toward Wilmington. Contact 302-395-5496.
- Rockwood Park: 4651 Washington Street Extension, Wilmington, DE 19809. Contact: 302-761-4340
- Simonds Gardens: From Route 9 library, head north on DE-9 N toward Hillview Ave, turn right onto Lambson Ln, turn left onto Simonds Dr, turn right onto Dallas Rd, turn right onto Sheridan Dr. Simonds Garden will be on the right. Contact: 302-395-5496
We'll work with your schedule.
77 Reads WayNew Castle, DE 19720
- Habitat Restoration
- Environmental Education
- Urban Planning
- People 55+
- Must be at least 12
- 1-4 hours weekly.
- May require lifting and bending for long periods at a time.