DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
Community Engagement Intern with White Pony Express
ORGANIZATION: White Pony Express
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
44 people are interested
Our Mission: White Pony Express (WPE) is a 501(c)(3) organization that facilitates the recovery and distribution of healthy, perishable food, along with new and like new clothing, toys, and books. WPE works efficiently with our community partners to eliminate hunger and poverty in Contra Costa County by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need.
General Description: The Community Engagement Intern will be primarily responsible for managing our community drives for much needed items, as well as the volunteer groups needed to assemble Items into care packages and backpacks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and locate new community groups and engage them to join a project with WPE.
- Work with existing community groups, supporting them in doing drives for Items and clothing we need.
- Manage our backpacks and care kits projects.
- Support with scheduling of community groups that with to volunteer.
- Help manage and maintain the amazon wishlist.
- Keep track of all new contacts.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Public Speaking is optional.
- Reports to the Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Engaging, enthusiastic self-starter.
- Ability to delegate tasks and motivate community groups and volunteers.
- Strong ability to collaborate and work effectively in a team setting.
- Strong ability to take initiative and be self-motivated.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, and Outlook), on-line research, and general familiarity with databases.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) but current students okay. Retirees and those looking to change occupations are welcome to apply.
- Job Type: Internship, 10 hours per week, 3-4 months
#climateactioncorps #nonprofit #californiavolunteers #cavolunteers #Californiansforall #nonprofitvolunteer #charity #communityservice #volunteerwork #community #withlove #solidarity #unity #hope #socialwork #fundraiser #family #volunteerism #contracostacounty #allofus
About White Pony Express
3380 Vincent Road, Pleasant Hill, CA 94523, US
MISSION Our mission is to help eliminate hunger and poverty by delivering the abundance all around us to those in need--with love. GUIDING PRINCIPLE: UNITY We honor the essential unity of all by embracing and serving all those in need. OUR VISION We draw on the generous nature of our community members. In consequence a shared consciousness is born, in which it is natural for us to help one another. When that shared consciousness becomes widespread, there will be no more hunger and no more poverty.
At White Pony Express, we rescue fresh surplus food from supermarkets, restaurants, and farmers’ markets and deliver it free of charge to organizations that feed the hungry. We also collect and distribute high-quality clothing, children's toys, and books.
We were founded by Dr. Carol Weyland Conner in 2013. Dr. Conner conceived this model as an excellent way to help eliminate hunger and poverty by delivering the abundance all around us to our neighbors in need. From our first day, Dr. Conner has stressed that more important than the food and clothing we deliver is the love we give. Love is at the heart of a family, and we are one family.
Beyond our goal of helping others, WPE aims to create opportunities for selfless service. Hundreds of volunteers make White Pony Express possible. They volunteer with us because they believe in our mission. They know they are helping others who have urgent needs at this time in their lives.
3380 Vincent Road#107Pleasant Hill, CA 94523
May 30, 2022
- Office Management
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training