Health Workshops Coordinator
12 people are interested
Asian Health Services is a community health center largely serving low-income, limited English speaking Asian immigrant communities.
As a volunteer, you would help coordinate our group health workshops focussed on diabetic self-management, chronic pain, and well-child care visits. These are conducted by a team of physicians/nurse practitioners/physician assistants, behavioral health providers, nutritionists, and medical assistants.
- Organize and schedule resources (staff, rooms, supplies) for the workshops
- Coordinate development and translation of new health education materials
- Help to prep nutritionist's healthy food demonstrations
- Participate in team meetings to refinine curriculum based on participant feedback, observations, and evaluation results
- Lead flexibility, stamina, and strength-building physical activities
We'll work with your schedule.
835 Webster St.Oakland, CA 94607
- Mental Health
- Program Management
- Patient Care
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- M-W-F: 9am - 5pm. Some flexibility in start/end dates and volunteer schedules.
- Immunization records required. Cantonese or Vietnamese spoken language skills highly valuable.