Health Workshops Coordinator
19 people are interested
Asian Health Services is a community health center largely serving low-income, limited English speaking Asian immigrant communities.
On the 1 st & 3 rd Thurs mornings of each month, we hold group medical visits for patients with chronic pain.
We bring together 8-11 Cantonese-speaking patients to see a medical provider and then practice physical activities and mindfulness activities.We are recruiting 1-2 Cantonese-speaking volunteers. Responsibilities include coordinating and presenting segments of group health workshops.
- Recruitment & reminder calls to patients in Cantonese
- Lead physical activity sessions (resistance bands, light free weights, drumming, yoga, dance routines, mobility ball routines)
- Create new physical activity sessions (tai-chi, chi gung, line dancing...)
- Written translations from English to Chinese
- Orally administer evaluation questions in Cantonese
- Prepare healthy snacks that introduce new healthy options to participants
- Assist participants to fill out forms
- Help with set-up/breakdown
- Escort pts from check-in to the provider and activity room
- Participate in GV planning meetings
About Asian Health Services
Adminstrative Headquarters, 101 8th St., Oakland, CA 94607, US
To serve and advocate for the Asian community by ensuring access to health care services regardless of income, insurance status, immigration status, language, or culture.
Asian Health Services is a community healthcare center dedicated to delivering care to underserved Asian communities by providing quality healthcare as well as advocating on the behalf of community needs. Services are delivered through several sites in Oakland:
Asian Medical Center (818 Webster St, Oakland)
Rolland & Kathryn Lowe Medical Center (835 Webster St, Oakland)
Frank Kiang Med Center (250 E 18th St., 2nd floor, Oakland)
Dental Clinic (345 9th St., 3rd floor, Oakland)Alameda College Dental Clinic
Harry & Jeanette Wete Weinberg Dental & Wellness Center
Oakland High School
We'll work with your schedule.
818 Webster St.Oakland, CA 94607
- Mental Health
- Program Management
- Patient Care
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1st & 3rd Thurs, 8:30 am - noon for the actual group workshops. Flexibility in other project duties.
- Immunization records & health screening form required. Cantonese spoken language skills required.