Sexual Violence Crisis Counselor
9 people are interested
- Answer calls on the SOS Crisis Line, provide information, referrals and support to callers
- Accompany/advocate for survivors of sexual violence at forensic exams at 4 hospitals around Ramsey County (Regions, St Joe's, St John's and United)
- Accompany/advocate for survivors of sexual violence during a law enforcement report
- Work with people of all cultural backgrounds, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
**MN State Law requires that sexual violence crisis counselors receive 40 hours of training. Volunteers must be trained before they can volunteer on the crisis line. SOS Sexual Violence Services of St Paul-Ramsey County offers this training, contact the Volunteer Coordinator and/or call 651-266-1000 to discuss training opportunities.**
SOS invites volunteers of any gender, 18+ years of age, who are able to provide their own transportation to hospitals in St Paul on short notice during an on-call shift.
We'll work with your schedule.
Regions Hospitaland other locations around Ramsey County.Must be located in or near Ramsey County.Saint Paul, MN 55101
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Law Enforcement
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours of training required initially. Once trained, volunteers commit 24-48 hours on-call monthly (overnights, holidays, weekends) which is 2-4 shifts.
- SOS invites volunteers of any gender, 18+ years of age, who are able to provide their own transportation. Be open to work with people of all cultural/racial/sexual orientations/gender identities/abilities/age/socio-economic backgrounds.