Sexual Violence Crisis Counselor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
36 people are interested
- Answer calls on the SOS Crisis Line, provide information, referrals and support to callers
- Accompany/advocate for survivors of sexual violence at forensic exams at 4 hospitals around Ramsey County (Regions, St Joe's, St John's and United)
- Accompany/advocate for survivors of sexual violence during a law enforcement report
- Work with people of all cultural backgrounds, racial backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities and socio-economic backgrounds.
**MN State Law requires that sexual violence crisis counselors receive 40 hours of training. Volunteers must be trained before they can volunteer on the crisis line. SOS Sexual Violence Services of St Paul-Ramsey County offers this training, contact the Volunteer Coordinator and/or call 651-266-1000 to discuss training opportunities.**
SOS invites volunteers of any gender, 18+ years of age, who are able to provide their own transportation to hospitals in St Paul on short notice during an on-call shift.
About Ramsey County
160 E. Kellogg Blvd #9800, St. Paul, MN 55101, US
Vision: A vibrant community where all are valued and thrive. Mission: A county of excellence working with you to enhance our quality of life. Goals: Strengthen individual, family and community health, safety and well-being through effective safety-net services, innovative programming, prevention and early intervention, and environmental stewardship. Cultivate economic prosperity and invest in neighborhoods with concentrated financial poverty through proactive leadership and inclusive initiatives that engage all communities in decisions about our future. Enhance access to opportunity and mobility for all residents and businesses through connections to education, employment and economic development throughout our region. Model fiscal accountability, transparency and strategic investments through professional operations and financial management.
Ramsey County's departments are organized into four Service Teams and a Strategic Team. Volunteer opportunities are available with the following teams
- Economic Growth and Community Investment Service Team: Library system and Parks & Recreation Department.
- Health and Wellness Service Team: Community Corrections, Financial Assistance Services, Healthcare Services (Ramsey County Care Center and the Lake Owasso Residence), Public Health, Social Services and Veterans Services.
- Safety and Justice Service Team: Sheriff’s Department and Emergency Management & Homeland Security.
- Strategic Team: Advisory Boards & Committees
When you volunteer for Ramsey County, you are doing more than a good deed. You are developing skills, learning more about career options and meeting new friends and contacts, all while making a positive impact on your community.
We'll work with your schedule.
Regions Hospitaland other locations around Ramsey County.Must be located in or near Ramsey County.Saint Paul, MN 55101
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Law Enforcement
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours of training required initially. Once trained, volunteers commit 24-48 hours on-call monthly (overnights, holidays, weekends) which is 2-4 shifts.
- SOS invites volunteers of any gender, 18+ years of age, who are able to provide their own transportation. Be open to work with people of all cultural/racial/sexual orientations/gender identities/abilities/age/socio-economic backgrounds.