13 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
13 people are interested
The Associate Director is a key management leader of the organization. The Associate Director is responsible for implementing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and/or the Director of Operations and Chairman of the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with the board in order to fulfill the organizational mission.
- With Executive Director is responsible for leading the Core Team in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- With Executive Director is responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of the organization, including submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensure maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support AWOFINC’s mission.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
- With Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of AWOFINC’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- With Executive Director is responsible for strategic planning to ensure that AWOFINC can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
- With Executive Director is responsible for the enhancement of AWOFINC’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professionals, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the effective administration of AWOFINC operations.
- Responsible for the recruiting and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- With the Executive Director responsible for signing notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience preferred
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of AWOFINC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
- Planning and operation of the annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as one of AWOFINC’s primary spokespersons to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance AWOFINC’s Mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Executive Director to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization Core Team and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director, Director of Operations and the Chairman & Board of Directors.
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
July 25, 2023
- Executive Admin
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Strategic Planning
- Business Development
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- As directed by the Chairman