Be a Foster - Save a Life!
9 people are interested
AdvoCat Rescue is looking for volunteers to foster cat(s) and/or kittens in their home and provide lots of love and TLC while we search for their furever homes.
Foster Volunteer FAQs
What kind of animals need foster care?
- Cats and kittens
- Mothers with nursing litters
- Special needs fosters
Can I become a foster volunteer if I have pets of my own?
- Absolutely! We welcome pet owners as foster volunteers. Plus it’s a great way to test a particular cat’s compatibility with other animals (or your own pet's compatibility!)
How long do animals need to stay in foster care?
- The typical foster stay is two weeks to two months, depending on the needs of the individual animal(s) in your care.
What expenses are involved with foster care?
- Foster families provide housing, food, bedding and toys for the animals in their care. They also provide exercise, socialization and lots of love!
- AdvoCat Rescue provides all medical care for animals in foster homes, including vaccination, medications and spay/neuter surgery and any other medical that may be needed.
- We also provide start-up items like litter box, scoop, playpen (for kittens), and some food to get you started.
- We would love our foster parents to treat their foster cat(s) or kittens like resident cats, giving them the love and attention that every animal deserves
- Occasionally our kitties may need to go to our vet. Kittens will need routine vaccinations, and of course, if medical issues are present or arise, as their foster parent, to help out with vet visits, which AdvoCat Rescue will pay for.
- Absolutely not, but if you wanted to help, we would appreciate and welcome it!
- We will network the cats and kittens and screen applicants prior to arranging for anyone to meet the kitty.
- We will request that you provide clear and bright photos of the cat(s) or kittens so that we can network them on Petfinder, AdoptAPet, and social media sites.
About ADVOCAT RESCUE INC
YELLOWSTONE BVLD, FOREST HILLS, NY 11375, US
AdvoCat Rescue's Mission is to move cats from the streets to safety by providing medical care, foster homes, and then, ultimately, permanent homes
AdvoCat Rescue is a volunteer cat and kitten rescue based in Forest Hills, Queens. We rescue and adopt to the NYC Metro and surrounding areas.
100% of funds raised go to medical care, vetting, supplies, and rescue projects for area cats and kittens in need.
AdvoCat Rescue grew out of network of rescuers on a social media site. Some cat loving locals would come together when a stray cat or a litter of kittens needing rescue would show up in the neighborhoods of Forest Hills, Rego Park, and Kew Gardens Queens. Eventually the group decided to make it official and create a real rescue group.
Now we have a wonderful network of fosters, transporters, socializers and adopters that help cats all get the medical care and loving homes they need and deserve.
We often find cats in community colonies that are either dumped house cats or community cats that are well-suited to live an indoor life. We have even found kittens as young as 2 months who were TNR’d and left to live a hard life outdoors. We will work with these cats until they are ready to be placed in loving homes.
AdvoCat Rescue considers a loving home for every cat the best possible outcome.
We are proud to be a Best Friends Network Partner and a New Hope Partner Organization.
We'll work with your schedule.
Your HomeManhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, NassauForest Hills, NY 11375
- Animal Care / Handling
- Animal Therapy
- Must be at least 21