2 people are interested
We are looking for academically well-rounded Tutors who can tutor 6th through 12th-grade students, provide homework help and academic support. Tutors work with youth individually and in small groups to help improve student success in class, increase subject-specific retention, and contribute to overall academic enrichment and development.
Tutoring Sessions take place at our location 5pm-7pm Tuesday & Thursday’s (through May 30, 2019).
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support academic enrichment activities, including homework help and tutoring;
- Provide individualized and team-wide support all after-school program activities and initiatives;
- Serve as a role model and build positive relationships with youth
College Student or Graduate with an Associate degree or higher
Must clear a background check (T.E.E.S. will cover this cost)
Tuberculosis Test (unexpired) (we can accept a TB clearance completed within the last 4 years)
Ability to communicate effectively
Ability to cover ELA, Reading, and Math (6th-12th grade)
Motivation to help students learn
Be available for 1 hour between 5pm-7pm Monday-Friday
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong command of one or more of the following academic subjects: Math, Science, English, and/or Social Studies
- Previous experience working with youth;
- Possess creativity, enthusiasm, initiative, flexibility, and patience;
- Solid oral communication skills;
- Ability to make a consistent commitment;
- Associate Degree or higher (a plus);
- Minimum Commitment: 1-2 hours per week for 3-4 months.
- 1-2 years previous tutoring experience (a major plus).
- Gain invaluable experience and opportunities for professional development at an award-winning youth development program;
- Receive an optional professional reference upon completion of your service term;
- Join an incredible community of passionate staff and volunteers.
Spring Session: April 9 - May 30, 2019
Tuesday’s & Thursday’s: 5pm - 7pm
T.E.E.S. provides equal opportunity for all volunteers.
1201 NW 3rd AvenueSuite 300Miami, FL 33136
- General Education
- Math / Science Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- At least 2 hours per week (Tuesday's & Thursday's)