Group Exercise Instructor -- Caldwell Branch
Goal of Role
To offer class(es) that allow members to have a fun experience, practice new skills, and provide a wider range of opportunities
Tasks and Activities
· Create a fun, positive atmosphere for health-seekers
· Greet & welcome new &/or returning class attendees
· Teach a curriculum for the particular style of class
· Provide step-by-step instruction & demonstration for attendees
· Role model the Y Values
18 or older
Length of commitment
☐ At volunteer’s discretion (during business hours)
☒ At specified times: Class times
Qualifications and skills desired
· Welcoming, caring attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to perform class functions/movements
· Comfortability with leading & demonstrating a fitness curriculum
· Priority is given to applicants who have previous instructor experience or who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and familiarity of the subject matter/curriculum they wish to teach
Training and other requirements
· Must pass a background and reference check, and attend volunteer orientation prior to start date.
· Must become a certified YMCA Instructor and maintain certification(s) (any costs associated with training are the responsibility of the volunteer)
· Must become CPR/1 st Aid/AED Certified
How to Apply:
· Visit www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
· Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
· Click "Register"
· Complete and submit the application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator once the background check is complete.
About Treasure Valley Family YMCA
1177 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83702, US
We strengthen the foundations of community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living, and instilling a commitment to social responsibility.
The Y is committed to strengthening communities. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to have the Y experience. Our Financial Assistance program makes this possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
3720 S. Indiana AveCaldwell, ID 83605
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Some flexibility, mornings and evenings preferred during high volume times.
- Certified YMCA Instructor (and/or certified in the format you wish to teach), and maintain certifications(s) (any costs associated with training are the responsibility of the volunteer). Must become CPR/1st Aid/AED Certified.