Group Exercise Instructor -- Caldwell Branch
Goal of Role
To offer class(es) that allow members to have a fun experience, practice new skills, and provide a wider range of opportunities
Tasks and Activities
· Create a fun, positive atmosphere for health-seekers
· Greet & welcome new &/or returning class attendees
· Teach a curriculum for the particular style of class
· Provide step-by-step instruction & demonstration for attendees
· Role model the Y Values
18 or older
Length of commitment
☐ At volunteer’s discretion (during business hours)
☒ At specified times: Class times
Qualifications and skills desired
· Welcoming, caring attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to perform class functions/movements
· Comfortability with leading & demonstrating a fitness curriculum
· Priority is given to applicants who have previous instructor experience or who can demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and familiarity of the subject matter/curriculum they wish to teach
Training and other requirements
· Must pass a background and reference check, and attend volunteer orientation prior to start date.
· Must become a certified YMCA Instructor and maintain certification(s) (any costs associated with training are the responsibility of the volunteer)
· Must become CPR/1 st Aid/AED Certified
How to Apply:
· Visit www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
· Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
· Click "Register"
· Complete and submit the application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator once the background check is complete.
We'll work with your schedule.
3720 S. Indiana AveCaldwell, ID 83605
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Some flexibility, mornings and evenings preferred during high volume times.
- Certified YMCA Instructor (and/or certified in the format you wish to teach), and maintain certifications(s) (any costs associated with training are the responsibility of the volunteer). Must become CPR/1st Aid/AED Certified.