Group Exercise Class Assistant--Caldwell Branch
Goal of Role
To assist staff in maximizing the member experience during fitness classes
Tasks and Activities
· Assist instructors with pre- and post-class needs: lights, music, equipment setup, etc.
· Greet & welcome new & returning class attendees
· Encourage members to sign in
· Teach alternative movements (at instructor’s discretion)
· Role model the Y Values
16 or older
Length of commitment
☐ At volunteer’s discretion (during business hours)
☒ At specified times: Class times
Qualifications and skills desired
· Welcoming, caring attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to perform essential class functions/movements
· Ability to bend, stretch, run, walk, sit, stand, and support up to 50lbs
Training and other requirements
· Must pass a background and reference check, and attend volunteer orientation prior to start date.
· May be required to attend other training as needed
How to Apply:
· Visit www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
· Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
· Click "Register"
· Complete and submit the application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator once the background check is complete.
About Treasure Valley Family YMCA
1177 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83702, US
We strengthen the foundations of community by developing successful youth, engaging people in healthy living, and instilling a commitment to social responsibility.
The Y is committed to strengthening communities. Every day, we work side by side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background, has the opportunity to have the Y experience. Our Financial Assistance program makes this possible.
We'll work with your schedule.
3720 S. Indiana AveCaldwell, ID 83605
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Schedules will vary based on class times.
- May be required to attend other training as needed.