Group Exercise Class Assistant--Caldwell Branch
Goal of Role
To assist staff in maximizing the member experience during fitness classes
Tasks and Activities
· Assist instructors with pre- and post-class needs: lights, music, equipment setup, etc.
· Greet & welcome new & returning class attendees
· Encourage members to sign in
· Teach alternative movements (at instructor’s discretion)
· Role model the Y Values
16 or older
Length of commitment
☐ At volunteer’s discretion (during business hours)
☒ At specified times: Class times
Qualifications and skills desired
· Welcoming, caring attitude
· Excellent customer service skills
· Ability to perform essential class functions/movements
· Ability to bend, stretch, run, walk, sit, stand, and support up to 50lbs
Training and other requirements
· Must pass a background and reference check, and attend volunteer orientation prior to start date.
· May be required to attend other training as needed
How to Apply:
· Visit www.ymcatvidaho.org/support-our-cause/volunteer/
· Click on "Apply to volunteer for the Y online"
· Click "Register"
· Complete and submit the application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator once the background check is complete.
We'll work with your schedule.
3720 S. Indiana AveCaldwell, ID 83605
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Fitness Instruction
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Schedules will vary based on class times.
- May be required to attend other training as needed.