Blood Services Donor Ambassador
1 person is interested
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations.
What specific tasks will the volunteer(s) perform: Welcome and greet donors, escort as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process. Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately.
- Create a favorable impression of the Red Cross, and the blood donation process, that will encourage continued support
- Make reminder calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Be available and committed to the volunteer schedule
- Attend to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas
- Punctual and dependable in arriving for assignment(s)
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to help convert right type donors to power red donations
- Responsible to inform donors about Red Cross volunteer opportunities and share recruitment materials
Qualities, experience & skills needed by the volunteers: Volunteers should show a willingness to support the American Red Cross mission (learn and share vision and values). Must demonstrate ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills, displaying excellent customer service behaviors. Be extremely comfortable working with people from all walks of life.
About SOUTHERN MAINE AGENCY ON AGING
136 U.S. Route One, Scarborough, ME 04074, US
The Southern Maine Agency on Aging’s mission is to improve the quality of life for older adults, adults with disabilities, and the people who care for them.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY!
Southern Maine Agency on Aging Volunteer Services provides opportunities to make a difference in the community through volunteer service. Volunteers contribute anywhere from a few to over forty hours a week, serving through schools, meals on wheels, hospitals and other nonprofit and public organizations to help meet critical community needs. We offer maximum flexibility and choice to our volunteers. RSVP matches the personal interests and skills of the over age 55 volunteer to opportunities in selected imapct service areas to help solve community problems. RSVP volunteers receive supplemental insurance while on duty, and on-the-job training from the agency or organization where they are placed.
We'll work with your schedule.
524 Forest AvePortland, ME 04101
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One shift per month, for approximately 4-5 hours