Museum Exhibit Workshop Volunteer
13 people are interested
Volunteer Museum Exhibit Workshop Volunteer
Volunteer Role Summary:
The Nevada State Museum Las Vegas needs you!!
The Nevada State Museum Las Vegas is looking for one or more Museum Exhibit Workshop Volunteers to assist the Exhibits team in what is looking to be a very busy year!
What will you be doing?
- Help maintain and repair exhibits.
- Fabricate new exhibit components from drawings.
- Assist in the setup and tear-down of temporary/traveling exhibits and displays.
- Paint exhibit mounts, install vinyl lettering, and mount photograph reproductions and exhibit labels on foam core.
- Assist with the existing workshop to better organize the tools and storage areas and then help maintain a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Practical and creative problem-solving would be much appreciated!
- Experience with cabinetmaking, mechanical and electrical systems, finish carpentry, painting, adhesives and laminates, fasteners and other building skills would be awesome!!
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of power tools, machine tools and hand power tools - workshop equipment, such as, table saw, skill saw, pneumatic tools, router, etc.
We'll work with your schedule.
309 S. Valley View Blvd.(On the campus of Springs Preserve)Las Vegas, NV 89107
- Exhibition Arts
- Mechanical Engineering
- People 55+
- Must be at least 21
- Minimum of 3 hours per week, but your schedule is flexible throughout the working week - Tuesday to Saturday.