2 people are interested
This open position is to manage the canine team of volunteers and activities for the shelter. We are looking for a driven and outgoing person who feels comfortable managing a team of up to 50 people. This would entail coaching, educating and delegating tasks to team members.
- Excellent people skills
- Computer Savvy - Knowledge of Petpoint System is a plus
- Experience handling different size and temperament dogs.
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum age is 21 years
Main duties include:
- Scheduling surrenders of canines, which requires speaking with the public.
- Assisting with adoption decisions.
- Being available to team members for questions.
- Good knowledge of dog's needs and behaviors and ability to create or assist with creation
- Good knowledge of dog handling and training. Experience with temperament testing a plus.
We'll work with your schedule.
QUINCY ANIMAL SHELTER56 BROAD STREETQUINCY, MA 02169
- Customer Service
- Animal Care / Handling
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- There is no set schedule. However, it is likely that a minimum of 6 hours between in house and phone calls, etc. would be required.
- Willing to attend training seminars / conferences. Able to build relationships with team members, peers, etc.