Do you believe in keeping families together? Join us in Tanzania!
We are looking for skilled volunteers to help us run and expand our Maisha Matters Program.
Occupations we are looking for:
- Medical: Doctor, Paediatric nurse, midwife, Physiotherapist
- Childcare: Daycare workers, Play Therapists
- Fundraisers/grant writers
- Business people
You will join a small, committed, enthusiastic team that is passionate about sustainable family-based care!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About WALK IN LOVE INTERNATIONAL INC
Po BOX 12304, Kisongo, TZ
Working together to empower women, families and communities by offering innovative assistance programs that overcome the obstacles to families staying together.
Walk in Love was founded in 2012 to support Caregivers by focusing on family and community-based care so that no baby would unnecessarily end up in a Baby Orphanage.
We run 3 programs to help keep families together:
1. Maisha Matters - The goal is to set Caregivers up to move themselves from poverty, toward independence. This is a sustainable health and nutrition programme supporting at risk babies, toddlers and their caregivers.
2. Daycares - providing a safe and educational space for children to be while their caregiver works in order to earn an income and become financially sustainable.
3. School Sponsorship.
Maisha Matters (MM) has been running in Mwanza for 6 years and has helped over 500 families keep their babies and children alive and in their families, instead of an Orphanage being their only option. Since partnering with them 7 months ago in August 2018, we have 34 families that we are supporting. Families are supported by us for 1 year, after 6 months of being in our program we set them up with a business so that after 12 months they are able to graduate from MM confident and empowered with a sustainable business to carry them forward into the future. Maisha Matters is not a band aid; we get to the cause with the family and work our way up from there to create a sustainable outcome with them.
We'll work with your schedule.
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 22
- Minimum 1 month, maximum 3 months. If you are able to work remotely, we are happy to accept 2 weeks in Tanzania with us and the rest of the time remotely. We ask for Volunteers to work 9am - 3pm, 5 days a week.
- We would preferably like two friends, or a couple. You really must be skilled in one of the above and be motivated, passionate, open to experience, enthusiastic and FUN!