PFAS public education volunteer
7 people are interested
PFAS is an acronym for a family of over 3,000 chemicals that are categorized as per- and poly-fluoroalkyl surfactants. In health studies PFAS is closely associated with kidney and testicular cancer, reproductive problems, high cholesterol, colitis, and autoimmune problems. Michigan has over 11,000 sites of PFAS contamination, and the list of sites of concern is growing.
Work with Sierra Club staff and other volunteers to build the political will to end the use of the toxic chemicals, and cleanup the communities that have been polluted!
- Create social media posts.
- Make calls to members to inform them about upcoming events.
- Help with the planning of community education and outreach events.
- Monitor media and government websites for new information on PFAS testing.
- Generate calls, emails, and letters to decision-makers from affected communities and from around the state.
- Training provided.
We'll work with your schedule.
SE MichiganLansing, MI 48915
- Environmental Education
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Google Apps
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 16
- self-motivated and reliable when it comes to completing assigned tasks; driving helpful but not necessary