Help Community Members Get IDs in Tampa Bay
5 people are interested
Project ID is a nationwide program that assists those in need of a state-issued ID. An arm of Spread The Vote (a strictly non-partisan organization that assists those without state-issued IDs to obtain ID and register to vote), Project ID casts a wider net, meaning we're able to work with minors (16 years of age and older) and others in need of an ID, regardless of their eligibility to vote.
Volunteers help us accomplish this by:
- attending community events and visiting with partner agencies to inform individuals of what we do and locate individuals that we can assist (these become our clients).
- working one-on-one with clients to obtain necessary documents such as birth certificates, marriage/divorce records, adoption records, and documentation of residency to get their ID.
- accompanying clients to the tax collector's office to obtain their ID.
- distributing flyers to potential partners
- handling phone calls
- ...just about anything you can think of to do!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Spread the Vote/Project ID Tampa Bay
76 4th St. North, #607, St. Petersburg, FL 33731, US
Over 20 million Americans lack the ID they need to live full lives. At Project ID, we help members of our communities obtain the IDs they need for jobs, housing, health care, voting, and, most importantly, identity.
Spread the Vote started in states with strict voter ID laws, assisting those eligible to vote in obtaining any documents they needed to get an ID. With Project ID, we're able to cast a wider net, working with minors (16 years of age and older) and others in need of an ID, regardless of their eligibility to vote.
We'll work with your schedule.
76 4th St. N, #607St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Graphic Design / Print
- Legal (General)
- Case Work / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Social Work
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3 hrs per event