Volunteer to take travelers to Art on the Mart!
5 people are interested
HI Chicago is looking for volunteers to help lead an outing for hostel guests to Art on the Mart. Organizing group excursions helps hostellers meet other travelers and see a little more of the area than they may be able to do on their own; helping to conserve travelers’ resources (planning time, public transit info etc.)
Hostelling International USA (HI USA) is a nonprofit, member organization founded on an enduring belief in the power of travel to foster a deeper understanding of people, places, and the world around. HI USA promotes a dynamic community of global citizens who have the wisdom and humanity to actively make the world a better place.
We are currently looking for volunteers who can lead weekend outings for Art on the Mart.
The benefits of volunteering with HI USA include:
- Meet new people from all over the world, including travelers, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Work to increase understanding and tolerance by helping people break down cultural barriers
- Help travelers to the community have a great travel experience
- Build skills in public speaking, foreign languages, intercultural communication and more!
- Participate in appreciation events for local volunteers
- Receive personal and professional development opportunities
- Earn HI USA membership and dorm overnights at HI USA hostels
We'll work with your schedule.
Hostelling International Chicago24 E Congress PkwyChicago, IL 60605
- Cross-cultural Communication
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of once a month