POSITION SUMMARY: We're looking for a customer service oriented volunteer(s) - preferably in the Dayton, Ohio area - to schedule and coordinate our training classes and programs for a variety of clients working toward self-improvement. The scheduler will receive the program module list needed and work with identified candidates and meeting location resources to book the sessions. The scheduler will also be a liaison with the social media team to publicize these events. There will be some light correspondence with attendees before and after classes and upon completion of the program. Ideal candidates will be organized, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, a passion for helping people, and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all types of people via Email, telephone, text, etc.
- Prior experience with scheduling or event planning is preferred
- Knowledge of - or experience with - addiction, mental health, and/or the Christian faith is a plus
The position hours are flexible and can be performed virtually, including outside the Dayton area. However, if there is mutual interest, the right candidate might also assist with preparing course materials. This task obviously, would have to be performed in Dayton.
- Work with the executive director and counselors to understand the program modules and attendees for scheduling
- Work with the attendees and meeting locations to schedule each module of the program, somewhat in sequential order
- Send meeting confirmations, courtesy reminders and follow up messages to attendees and the appropriate facilitator or instructor
- Coordinate schedule and calendar with a social media representative for publication
Please send a résumé and cover letter or paragraph to Edward@Mission-Addiction.org. Include your interest in this position and organization, qualifications, and any previous volunteer experience. Thank you for inquiring about this important role in our mission!
Anything is possible when we walk together (tm)
About MISSION ADDICTION
5980 Wilmington Pike, Sugarcreek Township, OH 45459, US
1) Provide a lifeline of support and resources to individuals and loved ones, no matter where they are in their addiction journey. 2) Healing, restoring and transforming people, to become the best version of themselves. 3) Grow and train an army of people ready, willing and able, to help those who need and want it. 4) Provide a spiritual family to connect, learn, and grow in faith. (You do not have to be impacted by addiction to participate.)
Mission Addiction was founded by a business consultant and faith leader in January, 2017.
Connection & Community in a Spiritual Family
- The "MAP" for Healing and Recovery aftercare program; 50 topics in 30 sessions!
Tuesday Night Christian Support Meeting
- Sunday morning, interactive, family-friendly faith experience
Navigation and Referral Services
Lay Counseling & Coaching
Healing & Restoration Prayer
Prayer & Grief Support
Flexible Volunteer Opportunities to fit anyone’s schedule; our program includes the rewards of serving. Don't see a fit on Volunteer Match? Fill out an application and we can probably create something: http://www.mission-addiction.org/get-involved/volunteering/
Prevention Talks - for parents & students