29 people are interested
UI / UX Designer (Volunteer Position)
29 people are interested
If you are a dedicated individual who is passionate about user experience and website interface design and are looking for an opportunity to expand your experience and build your portfolio, this opportunity is for you.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to refine and enhance our new website as well as create amazing user experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful web design.
- Design beautiful, intuitive, functional user experiences for desktop, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, as well as intuitive and functional designs
- Collaborate with developer to ensure that the vision of the design team is successfully implemented
- Design and production of branding materials, websites, mobile apps, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Undergraduate diploma or degree in graphic design or related field
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and Illustrator
- Thorough understanding of usability and user centered design
- Have great vision, and aesthetic eye and creativity
- Strong creative design capabilities
- Ability to be self-motivated, open-minded, creative and collaborative
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS is a plus
- Team player with the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and effective communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- User Experience and Usability Design
- Graphic Design
- Knowledge of and Experience with HTML, CSS, JS
- Adobe Creative Suite - Photoshop & Illustrator
Flexible - Some meetings may occur in the evenings or on the weekends
Our favorite kind of person to work with is...
We like to work with people who love what they do, aren’t afraid to "learn on the fly" and are able to be flexible if any changes occur during our time working together. You need to have a sense of humor and be able to laugh, especially when things are "tough" and we are in crunch mode. If you are someone who needs a highly structured environment, you probably won’t be a great fit for us - We like structure but also appreciate the creative process and occasionally may adapt to any changes required during the build and design process.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in joining our project team, please apply via email to: HR@ehealthcw.com with the following information:
- Email Subject Line: Attention: HR re: Empowered Health UI/UX Designer
- Share with us what excites you about this opportunity
- Resume / Profile re: experience, skills and/or training applicable to website design and any of the above requirements
- Portfolio or links to the sites of your previous work (if you have any)
About Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness Inc
120 Adelaide Street West, Suite 2500, Toronto, ON. M5H 1T1, CA
To be the leading trusted resource offering culturally relevant educational information and resources/tools to individuals and families affected by cancer in African-Caribbean global communities.
Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness Inc is a NEW not-for-profit (Social) Business
At Empowered Health & Cancer Wellness, our goals are to increase social consciousness and knowledge around cancer, and to encourage healthy self-care preventative practices among African-Caribbean communities globally.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 3, 2021
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design / UX
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication