Volunteer Coordinator - Summer 2019
9 people are interested
EXPONENTS is a nonprofit organization located in the heart of New York City compassionately dedicated to serving those impacted by HIV/AIDS, substance use, incarceration, and behavioral health challenges. We deliver these services through a client-centered, strength-based approach which significantly improves health outcomes and promotes overall wellness in our communities.
EXPONENTS is seeking a volunteer administrative assistant to assist the Executive team with day-to-day tasks and assignments such as answering phone calls, returning messages, replying to emails, maintaining office records.
Also, the volunteer will work on other tasks such as helping with newsletters, marketing projects, program development, member surveys, and community outreach initiatives.
- Lead volunteer recruitment, retention, and recognition efforts
- Lead volunteer orientations and monthly meetings
- Assist with Junior Board Program activities & promotions
- A position has a lot of variety and includes working with every aspect of a nonprofit including coordinating schedules, outreach for volunteers, activity documentation and follow through with a take-charge attitude
- Strong computer literacy: Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, required; experience with Contact Constant is a plus
- Passion for volunteerism and an understanding of its importance
- Good communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Highly customer service oriented
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and reliable
- Interested in learning about the daily functioning and broader goals of EXPONENTS
EXPONENTS volunteers have the chance to work closely with the Executive Team and have the opportunity to make a real, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. Though this is a volunteer opportunity, college students can receive college credit. Commitment is 10-20 hours (at least 2 days) a week.
Interested applicants should apply for this volunteer opportunity by submitting a resume to email@example.com
Candidates for initial phone screenings will be contacted by email.
We'll work with your schedule.
17 Battery Place8th FloorNew York, NY 10004
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- 2-3 days a week, during the afternoon, 10-20 hours (at least 2 days) a week