Science Engagement Interpreter
9 people are interested
POSITION SUMMARY: The Science Engagement Interpreter is an integral part of the visitor experience at Discovery Place Science. Science Interpreters will engage with museum guests while presenting hands-on science activities and demonstrations on the museum floor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an enthusiastic presenter on the museum floor engaging children and adults with science activities.
- Must be able to work well with guests of all ages.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Have a high level of customer services skills
- Must be enthusiastic and comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Have a desire to learn.
- Willing to help as needed
- Volunteer commitment of 1 year of service with 8 volunteer hours per month
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS OF THIS POSITION:
- Training and support in your role by Discovery Place Science Managers and Staff
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on guests visiting the museum
- FREE Membership after 70 hours of service ($200 value)
- Validated Parking
- 15% discount in Shop Science and Curiosity Cafe
About Discovery Place, Inc.
301 North Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202, US
The mission of Discovery Place, Inc. is to stimulate the public's interest in and understanding of science, mathematics, and technology by providing quality educational facilities, activities, and exhibits
Discovery Place, Inc. is a private 501c(3) not-for-profit education organization dedicated to inspiring exploration of the natural and social world through extraordinary exhibitions and educational programs that inform, challenge and engage audiences of all ages.
We'll work with your schedule.
Discovery Place Science301 North Tryon StreetCharlotte, NC 28202
- Customer Service
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- This volunteer position asks for a commitment of 1 year with at least 8 volunteer hours per month.