Are You a People Person - Become a Welcome Ambassador!
DONATE TO THIS
18 people are interested
Do you like interacting with people and providing excellent customer service? If so, this is the volunteer position for you!
The Welcome Ambassador serves as the face of Discovery Place Science working from the Greeter Stand and cordially greeting guests as they enter the exhibition halls and answering questions they may have. A smiling welcoming personality makes you the perfect Welcome Ambassador
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being the welcoming presence as guests enter the exhibition halls
- Checking all for wristbands as guest enter, advising guests when necessary about the museum food and drink policy
- Offering museum guide maps to all guests
- Answering questions about the museum, IMAX, and all other general questions
- Must be able to work well with guests of all ages.
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Self-directed and willing to take initiative
- Have a high level of customer services skills
- Must be enthusiastic and comfortable speaking to guests
- Volunteer commitment of 1 year of service and 8 volunteer hours per month
09:00 AM to 11:45 AM
This shift is 9am to 12pm
- afternoon / 12:00 PM to 03:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Discovery Place, Inc.
301 North Tryon St., Charlotte, NC 28202, US
The mission of Discovery Place, Inc. is to stimulate the public's interest in and understanding of science, mathematics, and technology by providing quality educational facilities, activities, and exhibits
Discovery Place, Inc. is a private 501c(3) not-for-profit education organization dedicated to inspiring exploration of the natural and social world through extraordinary exhibitions and educational programs that inform, challenge and engage audiences of all ages.
We'll work with your schedule.
This opportunity has 2 shifts
Discovery Place Science301 North Tryon StreetCharlotte, NC 28202
- General Education
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We are looking for a time commitment of at least 8 volunteer hours per month
- This is a great volunteer position for retired adults who like interacting with people. You can be seated at the Greeter Stand for this position or stand to greet guests and check wristbands.