2 people are interested
Collaborating with Price Center program and administrative staff members, vetted volunteers will come onsite at (pre-arranged) times each week/month for 30 minutes to two hours in order to guide individuals with developmental disabilities through activities that teach, move, inspire, and involve them.
This can be done through activities which inspire you personally that you would like to share andincludes but is not limited top the following examples:
- Hands-on-hands activities (building, arts/crafts, music, special interests of yours)
- Movement and Motion (exercise, dance, yoga, etc.)
- Inspirational (show and tell, media, stories)
We seek personable, energetic and responsible candidates that
- Are 18 years or more
- Have a strong desire to fully participate in a longer term volunteer role that makes a lasting impact (3 to 6 month commitment)
- No experience in a care-giving or educational environment necessary!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
27 Christina StreetSuite 201Newton, MA 02461
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- In order to build a relationship with and have a positive impact on the individuals being served, we ask for a six month commitment of structured time slots (same day/time set by week/bimonthly/monthly.)