(Everett) Activity Assistant for Adult Day Health Center
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Share joy with seniors and adults with disabilities by volunteering at our Adult Day Health Center in Everett.
- Greet and initiate conversation with clients in one-on-one or small group settings.
- Assist staff leaders with set up and facilitation of group activities, positively encouraging client engagement.
- Lead group activity program, based on skill, hobby, or other interest (gardening, crafts, seated yoga, educational talk, etc.)
Additional Roles: (Optional and dependent on personal interest / experience)
- Pet Visits
- Youth Visits
- Maintenance Assistant
(See separate position descriptions on VolunteerMatch)
- Experience or interest in working with elderly or adults with disabilities.
- Strong verbal communication skills, demonstrating attentiveness, patience, and compassion.
- Willingness to take initiative to engage with positive energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Comfort working in group and team settings.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Complete new volunteer application process.
- Pass Washington State Patrol background check.
- Submit a Tuberculosis screening and obtain TB test, if needed.
- Submit proof of flu shot, if volunteering during active flu season.
- Complete an orientation and on-site training.
- Adhere to a confidentiality policy and pledge.
Full Life Care is a nonprofit dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for frail elders and adults with illnesses and disabilities, including memory loss, brain injuries, and developmental disabilities. We respect the dignity of our participants and provide for them with care and compassion.
At our Adult Day Health Centers, participants receive skilled rehabilitation, nursing therapies, and other health and social services in a supportive, social environment, including educational and recreational programs.
About Full Life Care
800 Jefferson St., Suite 620, Seattle, WA 98104, US
Full Life Care is a non-profit working toward a future where adults with chronic and terminal illnesses or disabilities can be compassionately supported in their communities rather than living in isolation or having to resort to institutional care. Full Life Care is dedicated to enhancing individuals' quality of life, respecting their dignity, and providing for them with care and compassion.
Full Life Care services include adult day health, home care, volunteer companionship, and housing stabilization for clients in Snohomish County and King County.
We'll work with your schedule.
2931 Rucker AvenueEverett, WA 98201
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Fitness Instruction
- Special Needs
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 1 hour shifts at least once/month (weekly preferred) for at least 3 months, Monday – Friday, 8:30 – 5:30. Exact times negotiable.
- Email Volunteer Program Supervisor, Jessica (email@example.com) to inquire about scheduling availability and receive a new Volunteer Application.