7 people are interested
California Prison Focus is looking for an experienced bookkeeper with QuickBooks experience
Duties of CPF BookkeeperHours: Approximately 8-13 hours/month.
Main tasks include the following:
- Account Reconciliation: Checking account; Paypal account; Credit card account
- Enter donation income into QuickBooks from database batch report
- Prepare deposit slip
- Accounts Payable
- Vendor invoices
- Credit card statement line item entry
- Expense Reimbursements
- Manage petty cash and in-kind donations
- Maintain Quickbooks and create custom reports
- Processes Paypal donations and send out acknowledgments/receipts.
- Preparing Annual Nonprofit Tax Returns
- 990-N Tax Return
- 199-N CA Tax Return
- Assistance with budgeting decisions and general financial management
About CALIFORNIA PRISON FOCUS
4408 Market St Ste A, OAKLAND, CA 94608, US
California Prison Focus works to expose and end human rights abuses against incarcerated people in California by working in solidarity with and elevating the voices of those most impacted.
We stand up strong against the abusive conditions of the California prison system, and advocate for an end to prolonged solitary confinement. We are an all-volunteer organization and operate entirely on individual donations and small grants.Volunteers and our incarcerated correspondents are the lifeblood of CPF.
Quarterly Newspaper: Prison Focus, is distributed free to SHU prisoners and at a small cost to former prisoners, their family, activists and friends of CPF. Our paper is primarily written by and for prisoners, their friends and families with volunteers editing and contributing some content. Past issues and articles are available on our website.
Prison Visits: We travel regularly to Pelican Bay and Corcoran state prisons to uncover and disseminate information on the current conditions prisoners must endure. We have been conducting prisoner interviews in California’s SHU facilities since 1991, logging more than 1,000 interviews across 50 visits. Our finding are published in our newspaper and other publications.
Prisoner Correspondence: We receive dozens of letters from prisoners each week. We always need help to sort through these letters, document them, and respond to prisoners' requests and needs.
KPOO Radio: Our radio show provides the most up-to-date information about prison conditions and prison reform and airs every Thursday morning in the Bay Area on 89.5 FM from 11:00 am to noon.
We'll work with your schedule.
4408 Market StreetSuite AOakland, CA 94608
- This job requires approximately 10-15 hours/month. We would like to find somebody that can make a minimum of a 1 year commitment.
- Experience with Quickbooks