Donation Support Assistant - Minneapolis
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Harriet’s Closet is an invaluable Tubman resource: a curated selection of clothing for teens and adults of all genders, it offers a personal shopping experience for community members and Tubman clients at no cost to them. The Donation Support Assistant helps consolidate and transport donations made to Harriet’s Closet that do not meet our donation guidelines.
Impact & Benefits
- Lighten the load for our staff and volunteers while ensuring our donors’ contributions are put to good use
- Communicate and collaborate with Personal Shopper volunteers in Harriet’s Closet
- Transport donations that don’t meet our guidelines to other local nonprofits
- Enjoy working independently with occasional collaboration as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with diverse teams and clients to foster a culturally inclusive environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
3111 First Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55408, US
Thriving people, healthy relationships, peaceful communities.
For more than 40 years, Tubman has helped women, men, children and families struggling with relationship violence, substance abuse, mental health, and other forms of trauma. Throughout the Twin Cities, Tubman provides safe shelter, legal services, counseling, elder care resources, youth programming, and community education.
Tubman is the state's largest provider of domestic violence services, with more than 20 percent of all Minnesota shelter beds for adults and children experiencing family violence.
Each year, we help about 25,000 people in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington counties and the surrounding area get the support and information they need to experience safety, hope, and healing.
We'll work with your schedule.
3111 First Avenue SouthMinneapolis, MN 55408
- Driver's License Needed
- • Commit to 2-3 shifts per month with a flexible schedule between 8 am and 5 pm • Attend quarterly Harriet’s Closet volunteer team meetings and check-ins with supervisor
- • Welcome to attend Tubman’s Volunteer/Intern Orientation and Training series • Supervised by the Sustainability Services Manager