Volunteer - Patient Music Program - Housecall Providers
Housecall Providers is searching for a volunteer to help us bring music to the lives of seniors and others living with dementia and other disabilities. Our music program volunteers enable us to provide patients with music players loaded with customized music playlists. This is truly rewarding work -- a great opportunity to improve the quality of life for some of Portland’s most underserved citizens.
Duties will include:
- Music detective work - Interviewing patients and family members to get the information we need
- Building individualized music playlists on iTunes and loading them onto Mp3 players
- Assisting patients and caregivers by orienting them to the technology and providing follow-up and troubleshooting as needed to resolve issues.
- Helping us to organize our ever-growing music collection
The ideal candidate will be:
- Available for 6 to 8 hours per week (including at least 2 hours on Thursdays)
- Very comfortable in iTunes and with music player technology (we currently use both Apple and Sandisk players)
- Generally computer literate (e.g. able to navigate an Excel spreadsheet and create a simple sign or sheet of instructions in Word)
- Willing to engage with patients and their caregivers, both in person and on the phone.
- Knowledgeable/interested in a wide variety of music (especially older music)
We offer a warm and inviting atmosphere where your work will be appreciated and respected. Hours are flexible...and the music is great!
About Housecall Providers
We are a nationally recognized medical non-profit providing primary-care house calls and hospice services to homebound seniors, and people with advance illness and other disabilities, living in the Portland Metro area.
If interested, please e-mail Todd Lawrence at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 971 202-5515.
We'll work with your schedule.
5100 SW Macadam Ave#200Portland, OR 97239
- Administrative Support
- Microsoft Office Suite
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours a week (including 2 hours on Thursday)
- To participate in this role, a volunteer will need to complete our Patient Care Volunteer Training class, pass a drug test and background check, provide proof of vaccinations, and be TB tested. Individuals are encouraged to wait a year after the loss