Grocery Delivery Volunteer
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Our Home Delivered Meal program serves home-bound older adults in the community and is always seeking innovative ways to improve the lives of our clients. A new partnership with the Mid-America Regional Council, the Administration for Community Living and Jewish Family Services has created an urgent need for new volunteers.
This is an exciting new project! Shepherd’s Center was chosen to work on this project because of our wonderful volunteer group, and our commitment to providing new services to our clients. Your volunteer service helps make this innovative project a reality for our clients.
Innovations in Nutrition is a pilot project we are working on in conjunction with the Mid-America Regional Council, and funded through the Administration for Community Living (the same partners that fund home delivered meals) to provide easier access to food and other resources through the use of a smart speaker device called an Amazon Show. This project provides clients with the ability to order food from the Jewish Family Services food pantry through the device and have the items delivered by volunteers.
We are seeking delivery volunteers on the 1 st and 3 rd Thursdays of each month. Volunteers will pick up grocery items between 3:30-3:45 at Jewish Family Services - Brookside, and deliver grocery items to clients.
Volunteers for this position should:
- Be willing to commit approximately 2-3 hours per month
- Be able to lift about 10 pounds
- Be friendly and caring
- Have a personal vehicle or transportation & insurance
- Be willing to deliver within the SCC Home Delivered Meals service area (31st to 85th, State Line to Blue River)
- Be willing to complete a personal background check
We'll work with your schedule.
South and Midtown Kansas CityWestport, Brookside, Waldo, East of TroostKansas City, MO 64112
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours on the first and third Thursdays each month. Flexibility offered.