2 people are interested
Opportunity to volunteer time and/or gain experience at a non-profit organization. Various positions and skills needed.
- Youth Worker
- Kitchen Service Personal
- Events Coordinator
- Speciality Skills
Job Summary: Working with the camp staff to provide a quality camping experience.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Role of the volunteer within the camp is dependent upon the volunteer’s training, experience and abilities.
- Responsible for providing support and help within a camper cabin, while not being left alone in the sole position of care or duty over a camper or a group of campers.
- Adhere to and support all camp policies, procedures and guidelines as detailed in the Camp Resource Manual.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
Physical Aspects of the Job:
- Ability to communicate and work as a member of a team.
- Ability to observe camper behaviour and apply appropriate behaviour-management techniques, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid. Must be able to assist campers in an emergency (fire, evacuation, illness, or injury) and possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
- Able to manage some bending, stooping and stretching as well as daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions.
- Minimum age: 18
- Camp volunteers should be prepared to participate fully in the camp activities. This may include swimming every day, sailing, dressing-up and working with children/youth all day long;
- Local staff can commute when available. Staff from further can stay in staff quarters in dormitory style housing with shared washroom facilities.
Job Type: Temporary
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HANDS IN 4 YOUTH INC
256 MACOPIN RD, WEST MILFORD, NJ 07480, US
Hands in 4 Youth inspires young people from diverse backgrounds to be fully engaged in school and life so they have opportunity and choice to pursue their dreams.
For almost a century, Hands In 4 Youth (formerly Vacamas Programs for Youth) has been offering award winning programs and much needed support to children and families from hard pressed neighborhoods. Since 1924, we have helped change the lives of tens of thousands of deserving children by offering quality summer camp opportunities to inner city children who would otherwise be unable to have that experience.
As we recognized making a difference in the lives of children is not just a summer need, in the mid 1980s HI4Y began providing year-round services in New Jersey and New York schools. Educational support, enrichment programs, healthy snacks, as well as nature weekends, college visits, and cultural exposure is all part of how we help change lives.
For 94 years, Hands In 4 Youth has understood the changing needs of children, families, and communities, and responded with quality summer camping, after-school, in-school, and experiential learning programs. We are proud of our legacy of making memories and changing lives
We'll work with your schedule.
256 Macopin RoadWest MilfordWest Milford, NJ 07480
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Bus/Van Driving
- Event Planning / Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Day + (No minimal time commitment)