Summer Teen Volunteer
To apply visit: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?ap=215153254
Looking for something fun to do this summer? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work in a museum? Sign up to volunteer for History Colorado’s Summer Teen Volunteer Program! Volunteers will provide customer service to visitors in our atrium Wildflowers, Wild Places summer pop-up installation . Assist visitors as they explore the giant inflatable flowers and help tell stories about Colorado’s public lands and how they came to be. Volunteers will invite visitors to pollinate the flowers using a giant interactive beehive. Each summer teen volunteer will also be tasked with imagining what they would do in a similar type of installation and present that idea at our end of summer celebration event.
- Assist visitors in using the interactive beehive and make & take crafts
- Interact with visitors of all ages and provide excellent customer service
- Gain knowledge of Colorado public lands to share with visitors
- Organize and maintain the interactive components in the display
- Work independently to create a presentation about what you imagine could be a great future atrium installation.
- Attend end of Summer Celebration event ( August 9th, 2019)
Summer Teen Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be 14-18 years of age
- Must be comfortable interacting with people of various ages and backgrounds
- Available to commit to 1 shift/week from May 25 - August 9, 2019 (shifts are available daily from 11 AM - 2 PM)
**Able to attend the mandatory orientation/training on May 10th, 2019 from 4 - 5 PM
About the inflatables : The History Colorado Center commissioned Designs In Air to create three giant, custom inflatable sculptures of Colorado flowers-the columbine, the sunflower, and the claret cup cactus. Each flower will represent a different region of the state: the sunflower represents the plains, the columbine the mountains, and the claret cup cactus the plateau.
1200 BroadwayHistory Colorado CenterDenver, CO 80203
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Available to commit to 1 shift/week from May 25 – August 9, 2019 (shifts are available daily from 11 AM – 2 PM)
- **Able to attend the mandatory orientation/training on May 10th, 2019 from 4 - 5 PM