Seeking Vegan Food Justice Volunteers
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Do you care about human rights, animal liberation, and environmental justice? Wish there was a way that you could donate your time and energy to an organization that isn’t single-issue? Want to use your hard-earned skills to fight injustice on multiple fronts?Then consider joining the Washington Chapter of Food Empowerment Project! We are an all-volunteer arm of the organization, supporting the mission to create a more just and sustainable world by recognizing the power of one’s food choices. We do education and outreach on vegan and food justice issues at local festivals, we fundraise for the headquarters, help with projects such as VeganMexicanFood.com and participate in national campaigns like Shame on Safeway . We endeavor to support efforts in four main topic areas: injustice in the cacao industry; farm worker justice; veganism; and food access.
We are a small group, but are looking to add a few key volunteers to the team who have specific skills to help our chapter be as effective as possible.Skills sought:
- Fundraising and development
- Event management
- Project management
- Graphic design
- Social media marketing
- Public and media relations
- Legal and research
- Campaign management
- bilingual in Spanish or Tagalog
- One of the skills listed above
- Ability to meet once a month in the evening in Seattle, approx 7:00 to 9:30 pm (children are welcome, tho’ we recognize the time is not ideal for younger kids, there is a TV, couch, and bedroom)
- Approximately 3-5 hours of volunteer time per week
- Ability to check-in to a project management/communications tool once per day (phone app available)
- A sincere passion for two or more of the following topics: injustice in the cacao industry; farm worker justice; veganism; and/or food access.
Learn more about Food Empowerment Project:
- Founder and ED, lauren Ornelas TEDx Talk :
- Animal Rights Hall of Fame article.
Learn more about the Washington Chapter: https://www.facebook.com/FoodEmpowermentProjectWA/
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Seattle, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, etc.Seattle, WA 98101
- Event Planning / Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Community Outreach
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Orientation or Training
- 3-5 hours each week, working from home, 3 hour meeting once/month
- We are looking for long term teammates who want to volunteer for at least a year and can commit to ongoing organizing.