PATB organizes a Pasta Party fundraiser annually. This year's event will be Saturday, September 14th. We are seeking volunteers to assist with the silent auction portion of the event. Possible duties include:
1. Solicit auction items
- Write/email businesses and organizations asking for item donations (ie., museums, sports groups, restaurants, personal services, etc.). We have a good list from last year but each organization/business must be contacted for this year’s event.
- Procure items from TimeBank members, friends and others.
- Pick up donated items as needed from Time Bank members, organizations and businesse
1. Log in auction items as they are donate
2. Input auction items into Bidding Owl
3.Acknowledgements and thank you letters - after event, help generate thank you letters, and send acknowledgement emails to auction and event donors.
4. Publicize and promote auction - help place announcements, digital posters, paper posters as needed.
5. Package auction items - beginning 2 weeks before event, help wrap auction items and create packages.
6. Day-of setup - help arrange auction items, place descriptions, etc.
About Phoenixville Area Time Bank
PO Box 964, Phoenixville, PA 19460, US
Phoenixville Area Time Bank is a non-profit organization that enhances people-to-people support to build a fully inclusive, resilient community through a local service exchange network. The mission of the Phoenixville Area Time Bank is to provide and foster an effective local service exchange system through which participants have their needs met and their personal abilities valued by using hours as currency; the ultimate goal is the building of a strong, responsive, and connected community.
The Phoenixville Area Time Bank (PATB) was founded in 2004. We take volunteerism on some fun twists and turns on our journey to build a resilient community. We support our organizational members (e.g., Orion Communities, Ann's Heart/ Code Blue, Parkhouse Rehabilitation Center, Camphill Soltane) by coming out to volunteer for them, either as individuals or in small groups. Members also help each other. When our members volunteer your talents and time, they earn TimeDollars. One hour is earned for every hour given. All talents and time are valued equally, which results in a nice cross-section within the membership.
PATB is at a crossroads to reestablish sustainability and expand our reach. We have recently benefited from a grant for legal services from the Quest for the Best Foundation. We reevaluated our bylaws, core policies and procedures and reset ground rules to fully support maintaining our 501(c)3 status. We are working to improve community recognition of PATB as a vibrant group of active volunteers that also builds friendships and reduces the feeling of isolation in this busy world.
PATB is a group of volunteers supported by a part time paid Coordinator. We are seeking energetic volunteers to fill several key needs as we transition to PATB 2.0.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 15, 2021
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible commitment for several tasks needed in the planning and early implementation stages. Preparing raffle baskets and auction items will be late August, early September. Day of help will be Sept 14th, and thank yous will be done right after.
- Ability to work with a team, follow-through on agreed upon tasks and reporting progress when obstacles encountered.