Corporate Giving Coordinator
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Fundraiser/Development Coordinator is responsible for the organization’s fundraising activities and program-related fundraising. A primary focus is placed on increasing the organization’s financial support through developing We Serve the eve City events.
This is done through a variety of means, including the organization of special events, relationship building, recognition initiatives, email marketing, social media, direct mail, phone calls, and in-person meetings.
- Manage the organization’s fundraising events and act as staff liaison for volunteer committees to help establish fundraising goals and budgets for events as well as collaborate with other staff as appropriate to ensure the successful execution of the fundraising activities.
- Build relationships with local schools, businesses
- Perform online and database searches to identify and qualify corporate and individual donor prospects with associated donation requests with associated reach out to potential partners/donors. Plan and execute corporate, VIP and individual donor events.
- Annual fundraising event(s) - initiating national fundraising event(s) (e.g., on-line auction, firemen/fill the boot; national flower fundraising campaign, expanding We Serve the City.
- Major gifts program - conduct donor research, solicit gifts and ongoing relationship building.
- Cause Marketing: initiate corporate cause marketing items (similar to pink breast cancer items) and build upon the gold ribbon symbol of childhood cancer. Examples: percentage sales corporate products like Halloween candy.
- Manage strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations - forming and maintaining personal contact with key constituents, including existing and potential donors, corporate contacts, prospective families, influential community leaders and celebrity ambassadors, bloggers, advocates and coordinating with the CEO on prospective major donors and/or potential Cause Marketing Create annual communication and visitation plan for major donors and celebrity ambassadors.
- Develop and implement expanded digital fundraising campaigns.
- Draft donor letters and other donor materials including pitch letters, and news/press releases as well as donor thank you letters as well as write and implement the annual giving campaign.
- Update donor information into
- Research new grant opportunities on regular basis including corporate, non-profit, foundation and government;
- Write grants, updates, and produce final grant reports in collaboration with CEO
We'll work with your schedule.
2180 McComas Way Suite 113Virginia BeachVirginia Beach, VA 23456
- Business Development
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Resource Development / Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 8-15 hours weekly