1 person is interested
Reports to: ACC Managing Director
Location: Arlington, Virginia
The Managing Volunteer helps conduct research, assists the Managing Director with program activities, and conducts outreach to develop new relationships and increase local awareness of services, as needed.
- Assists in the implementation of an Advisory Board for ACC DC Metro.
- Collects, reviews and analyzes various data points related to the resettlement programs.
- Works with staff members to compile information on program challenges and best practices.
- Assists in planning and executing events such as the World Refugee Day, Refugees’ Thanksgiving Dinner, and other similar events.
- Conducts outreach to build new relationships with local service providers and support services, as needed.
- Assists in conducting research, as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Interest/Knowledge in domestic refugee resettlement and/or other refugee-focused programs
- College degree or pursuing a degree in Political Science, International Relations, Global Studies, Conflict Resolution, Social Work, Sociology, Education, or related field
- Previous experience working in multicultural contexts is desirable
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to plan and manage work to meet deadlines
- Strong research skills
- Increased intercultural communication competency
- Exposure to basic non-profit operations and environment
- Knowledge of marginalized populations - challenges and opportunities
- Ability to relate professionally to and collaborate with diverse individuals in a multicultural environment
- Increased development of research skills
At least 2 full days/week required.
Please submit a (1) cover letter and (2) resume to email@example.com.
Applications are considered on a first come, first served rolling basis.
We'll work with your schedule.
901 S. Highland St.ArlingtonArlington, VA 22204
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 days a week