9 people are interested
ESL Students--Practice your English while helping travelers at Bradley Airport
ORGANIZATION: TRAVELERS AID INTERNATIONAL INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
English as a Second Language (ESL) Students, we have a wonderful opportunity for you to practice your English language skills, increase your vocabulary, and most importantly, increase your confidence. Join us 2-4 hours per week as a Travelers Aid volunteer at Bradley International Airport! Training provided so you can assist passengers and guests with the following:
· Airport directions, including information on airport parking and rates;
· Information concerning how to move about the New England area, including automobile routing, schedules and rates for public transportation;
· Information on cultural activities, sightseeing, accommodations, and other travelers’ points of interest in the New England area;
· Referrals for transportation reservations and information (including assistance downloading applicable apps);
· Information about the terminal and types of services, merchandise, and/or shopping and dining offered;
· Paging requests according to the standard paging format in the terminal;
· Information on all airlines serving the airport, including ticketing lounge services, and gate locations;
· Information concerning options available to passengers whose flights have been delayed or cancelled or whose flights have been diverted to Bradley;
· Liaison services to process requests for wheelchairs and other assistive devices for passengers/guests to the airport;
We look forward to working with you!
About TRAVELERS AID INTERNATIONAL INC
Bradley Airport, Schoephoester Road, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, US
Travelers Aid International is a national network of social service agencies and transportation services organized to assist our 44 member agencies in meeting the critical needs of individuals, frequently in crisis situations, by extending "A Helping Hand Along the Way."
There are 44 Travelers Aid programs and locations in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Australia. Each of these programs are locally operated, and meet the social service needs of their community, with a common thread being to help return stranded individuals safely home.
Bradley International AirportArrivals HallSchoephoester RoadWindsor Locks, CT 06096
December 1, 2022
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week
- must be eligible to work in the US; must provide two forms of ID and pass a background check in order to receive an airport badge