9 people are interested
Kalaeloa Heritage Park needs Docent volunteers
ORGANIZATION: KALAELOA HERITAGE AND LEGACY FOUNDATION
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
Do you have a passion for preserving and protecting the historical, cultural, and archaeological landscape of Kalaeloa? Love being outdoors and sharing knowledge with people?
The Kalaeloa Heritage and Legacy Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit, offers visitors a unique opportunity to experience a vast ancient cultural landscape spread across 11 acres through site tours and community workdays and is seeking a Docent volunteer.
- Commit to at least one, preferably two, shifts per week from 8:30 to 11:30am
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the Kalaeloa Heritage Park
- Provide guided tours of one hour in duration
- Introduce and assist with self-guided tours
- Collect admission fees and sell gift shop items
- Represent the Kalaeloa Heritage Park in a professional and courteous manner to members and the visiting public
- This is an outdoor position that will require being on one’s feet for most of the shift, and walking around the Kalaeloa Heritage Park
Preferred candidates will have:
Experience working with the general public, excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, interest in native Hawaiian history and culture, self-motivated with ability to "think on one’s feet", be flexible, enthusiastic and have an attitude of respect for working with staff and visitors from diverse backgrounds.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as scheduled
- Complimentary Park membership
- Annual social events, including the annual Appreciation Dinner
- Quarterly newsletter for Park volunteers and staff
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter describing your experience and how it applies to this role along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send both in a single pdf, named: your name CV.
About KALAELOA HERITAGE AND LEGACY FOUNDATION
PO BOX 75447, KAPOLEI, HI 96707, US
Through partnership, planning, advocacy, and stewardship the kupaʻaina of Honouliuli accept the kuleana to preserve and protect our kupuna, historical sites, and moʻolelo of Kalaeloa. We are committed to ensuring that cultural traditions and practices of nā ʻoiwi ʻo Kalaeloa are perpetuated.
About Us Established in 2011, the Kalaeloa Heritage and Legacy Foundation (KHLF) is a 501(c)3 community based organization dedicated to preserving and protecting Native Hawaiian cultural and historical sites of Kalaeloa via a 40-year lease to 77 acres on which it will establish and operate the Kalaeloa Heritage Park. Our Vision As Kalaeloa is the wahi hoʻokela, the Kalaeloa Heritage Park is the piko and wahi pana of Kalaeloa, where nā ʻoiwi mau loa - our ancestors and us - shall live forever.
Kalaeloa Heritage ParkO'ahuKapolei, HI 96707
November 27, 2023
- Environmental Education
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Must be at least 18
- 6 hours a week, twice a week from 8:30 to 11:30am