Docent Tour Guide (Honor our Service Members at the Seabee Museum!)
2 people are interested
Anticipated Results: Provide a positive image of the Seabee Museum to the public as a volunteer guide.
Anticipated Hours: 4+ per week. There are two shifts per day: 9:45 am to 1:30 pm, and 1:30 pm to 5:15 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
This is a public position, providing information about the Museum, Seabee and Civil Engineer Corps history, providing tours and answering general questions from the visiting public. Museum docents may assist with educational activities in the museum galleries and should have an interest in public history and education. Tours and programs will be conducted around history, STEM and sustainability. If you are interested in this type of position and enjoy meeting different type of people, then this is the position for you. This position assists with special events.
The next docent training class is scheduled for May 11, 2019. After that date, training will be scheduled as needed.
Primary Responsibilities:Primary Responsibilities
- Greet guests, answer questions, and communicate approved Seabee and CEC history information and museum policies.
- Conduct educational programs in the gallery spaces.
- Assist with special museum events.
Background and Desired Experience:
- Ability of work with the public.
- Ability to work effectively and independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and supervisor.
- Ability to follow instructions.
We'll work with your schedule.
3201 N. Ventura RoadPort Hueneme, CA 93043
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Event Management
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- 4+ hours per week